Volunteering is Fun
Volunteers are an integral part the Campagnolo Gran Fondo San Diego, and raising funds for our charity, the Challenged Athletes Foundation. A team of over 200 volunteers is needed to produce the Gran Fondo, and we are extremely grateful for your time and energy. We are happy to provide community service hour verification letters for schools and community groups, and we welcome all volunteers who are at least 15 years of age.
To volunteer or for any questions about volunteering, please email or call:
Each Volunteer receives a limited edition Campagnolo Gran Fondo San Diego T-shirt, lunch, and the satisfaction of knowing you helped raised money for The Challenged Athletes Foundation.
Become a volunteer
If you would like to volunteer, fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.
- Goody Bag Stuffing - Stuffing goodie bags for riders and volunteers with flyers, coupons, and product samples from our sponsors. Pizza provided!
- Course Marking - Help put up signs on the course.
- Registration - Welcome riders and help check them in.
- Finish Line - Cheer riders in after completing their day, serve refreshments and distribute medals.
- Lunch Service - Help serve the riders a gourmet Italian meal.
- Crew - Morning and evening volunteers tear down start line and set up the finish, and afternoon volunteers break down the event.
- Registration - Welcome riders, help check them in, and get them out on the route.
- Rest Stops - Make sure riders are fueled properly with breakfast, snacks, lots of water and encouragement!
- Safety & Security - Help riders get on their way quickly and easily by helping with areas such as car and bike parking.
- SAG (Support and Gear) - Drive the routes to look for any riders needing assistance. Help riders with mechanical problems and transport tired riders to the finish if necessary. A car with bike racks or a 5-passenger truck needed. Fuel cost is reimbursed.